what to do if Firestick keeps losing connection
There are a lot of reasons as to why you keep losing your connection. The most common ones are mentioned here.
- Check your wifi connection. It can be the weak wifi connection in your area which causes connection loss.
- Once the software is too old, many bugs/glitches reduce the functionality of the device. You can update the software while having a good virus guard activated.
Furthermore, read these tips and see if you’ve tried them all.
- Disconnect the firestick device from your television.
- Switch off all the devices related and restart after two minutes.
- Connect the Firestick to the television and wait till it connects to the wifi.
- After the connection is on, restart the firestick device.
- Wait and see if the issue persists.
What can you do if your Fire Stick device is repeatedly losing the Internet Connection?
Decreasing the distance between the two devices.
The wifi router might be too far from the Firestick, which can weaken the signal strength. This can be a good reason why you keep losing the connection as it is already weak. Put them closer to receive maximum signals or use a wifi booster. These devices can be used to enhance your wifi signal strength.
The Ethernet cable
If it’s a wired connection you are using for the Firestick, it is possible that the wire can be damaged. To check this, connect to another device like a laptop and see if the cable works well.
Resetting the devices
Most of the time, connection issues can be resolved by resetting the devices. You can try resetting the Television and the Firestick to see if they would work.
Firstly, remove the Firestick from the television. Go to the menu option of the TV and select settings. Here you will find the option to reset. Select this. Now connect the Firestick again to the television and see if it would work.
Secondly, go to the settings of the Firestick located on the top left of the main page. Using the navigation keys and choosing my fire tv. Select the Restart option and click on it. Connect it back to the TV as mentioned previously and wait to see if it’s fixed.
IP settings amendments
Changing the IP address of the device might also work. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the menu of your television and select network using the remote.
- Go to the network status with the help of your remote.
- Wait for some time till the three buttons appear at the end of the window, choose IP settings.
- From the IP settings window, click on the DNS setting option and click on enter manually.
- Enter the required IP address, press ok, and wait for a few seconds till the connection is established with the internet.
- Check if the Firestick is still losing internet connection.
Perform A Factory Reset On Firestick.
Resetting the Firestick to default factory settings can also prevent the Firestick from losing the internet connection frequently. You can perform a factory reset on the Firestick by performing the steps stated below.
- Go to the settings of the Firestick. The settings button is located at the top left corner of the main page.
- With the help of navigation keys and select my fire tv from the settings screen.
- Select the reset to factory defaults from the device window to restart the Firestick.
- Hit on the restart button in the dialog box to factory reset the Firestick.
- A resetting message will appear on the screen. Wait for some time till it is resetting.
- Relaunch the Firestick and check if the error is still present or not.
Try these methods to get a stable connection.